[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 7.10 on VM : Serious clock instability

Simon Hoffe sjhoffe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 07:34:39 GMT 2008

Hello again,

There hasn't been much response to my earlier query (see below). But I have
done some digging, and it appears that I'm not alone:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/183879
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/110729
http://www.amoeba.org/articles/tag/vmware
http://www.amoeba.org/articles/2008/02/03/fixing-a-clock-problem-in-vmware-ubuntu
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KernelCommonProblems#head-c315e5c497d1ac178f1346fb691e44f2d9792ab5
(search
for "clock")

The server is stable for the moment, but I'm not sure for how long, or in
quantitative terms, how stable the clock really is from one minute to the
next. Will have to find "time" to deal with this...

Regards
Simon