[ubuntu-za] Launchpad and mailing lists

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 25 08:27:51 GMT 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 7:59 AM, William Kinghorn <williamk at dut.ac.za> wrote:
>  We actually nee something like the ubuntu-za lists, possibly an
>  ubuntu-za-edu list, which is not too technical for teachers to be able
>  to understand, and to give input.
>
>  Also an ubuntu-za education programmers list, for programmers that are
>  willing to spend some time programming the programmes that are require
>  for the teachers to teach with.

Launchpad has a new feature in beta, which provides mailing lists for
any team: https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

It's already easy to create a team in Launchpad, and when this is
released it will be very easy to add a mailing list, so we could
create teams (and thus lists) for ubuntu-za-edu, ubuntu-za-edu-dev or
whatever.

Regards
Morgan