[ubuntu-za] Upcoming Cape Town meeting

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 4 10:49:13 GMT 2008

Hi

We've arranged a small real-life meeting:

 * When: 12 February, 18:00
 * Where: University of Cape Town

We'll be discussing some future plans for the loco-team, and our
strategy for our on-line presence. It will precede the CLUG meeting of
that evening, since most of our Cape Town members are members of CLUG as
well, and it makes it more convenient for the majority. Directions are
available from:
http://wiki.clug.org.za/wiki/Venue_UCT_ChemEng_Lecture_Theatre

We'll meet there and move on to our meeting venue from there), try to be
there by 17:55 at the latest.

Yesterday I put together the beginnings of our mediawiki/planet themes.
It's not really ready for preview yet, but I thought I'd paste the links
here anyway so that you could get a better idea of what we have in mind:
 * Wiki: http://jono.co.za/ubuntu-za/wiki/
 * Planet: http://jono.co.za/ubuntu-za/planet/

I suggest that we use memaker to generate our hackergotchis. This way we
know we have avatars that are consistent and free of licensing issues.
You can get more information on memaker from
https://launchpad.net/memaker. It will also be packaged in Ubuntu 8.04.

We will post the results from the meeting to this list, and have a real
life meeting in Gauteng soon.

-Jonathan