[ubuntu-za] lacie rugged, external hdd

David Mark Bodmer david.bodmer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 11:44:48 GMT 2008

sudo fdisk -l

----------------------------
Disk /dev/sdb: 320.0 GB, 320072933376 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Disk identifier: 0xf91cc906

/dev/sdb1               1       38913   312568641    f  W95 Ext'd (LBA)
/dev/sdb5               1       38913   312568578    b  W95 FAT32

i see that it is Fat32, but also i see the ext'd LBA? not sure what that is,
and given its the starting block i presume it could be causing the issue