[ubuntu-za] Vertical and horizontal refresh rates

Hilton Gibson hgibson at sun.ac.za
Tue Dec 9 08:12:56 GMT 2008

Scharnick, Walter wrote:
> I am using the latest 8.10. I had to manually edit the xorg.conf file
> because it would just not work with the default installation.
Ok. Apparently 8.10 does X server config almost automatically. So to get
a manual setup to "stick" is something I have not done. Maybe one of the
help sites can get you there.

The other thing.. can your monitor and video card handle 1280x1024 ?
Details of make and model of monitor and video card would help too.