[ubuntu-za] ubuntu-za - DynDNS and ubuVista environment

Alf Stockton alf at stockton.co.za
Thu Dec 4 15:25:31 GMT 2008

Vincent Williams wrote:
> On Thursday 04 December 2008 14:12:39 Kabelo Serutle wrote:
>
>> Guys I have registered my IP with dyndns.org and tried Port Forwarding on
>> the 10.0.0.2 control panel. Jonathan also helped but I think I must been
>> stuck on something because of the config on my machines ( port 80 is
>> supposed to forward to my WAMP server, but nothing happens). Please help
>> with this problem Gents/Ladies!
>
> What exactly are you trying to do - reach your WAMP via your DYNDNS URL that
> is linked to your IP address?
>
> AFAIK, this will not work from inside your network since effectively the
> router is redirecting back towards itself - but others may know better.

I cannot, using dyndns & Marconi Premiun Combo ADSL modem, connect with my
laptop, from inside the network through the ADSL modem to the Internet back
into the ADSL modem and get routed to my desktop.
But if I connect my client/laptop to the Internet via 3G I can browse through
the ADSL connection to my desktop.

--
Regards,
Alf Stockton		www.stockton.co.za

Q:	What's a WASP's idea of open-mindedness?
A:	Dating a Canadian.