[ubuntu-za] Ticketing System

Mark de Villiers markdv at arctec.co.za
Tue Apr 15 10:26:09 BST 2008

Hi all,

I am looking for a ticketing system that is written in Java and is JSR-91 compliant.
It should be able to send sms and email notifications once a ticket is logged.

I have had a look around but cant seem to find one that has all the functionality as
I would like e.g. email and sms notifications, SLA tracking, categorizing and prioritizing
of tickets and ticket escalating. Best one I have come across so far is premioss(tm)-tt at
http://www.frox.com/index.php?TPL=10156

We will consider proprietary software if we have to but obviously we would like an open-source solution.
Anyone ever work with something like this or can recommend something?

If anyone else is interested in ticketing systems Wiki has a nice collection of some at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_issue_tracking_systems

Thanking you in advance for any input! :-)

Regards,

--

Mark de Villiers
Network Administrator