[ubuntu-za] Help with ristricted drivers

Ivo Vegter ivo at hivemind.net
Tue Oct 23 13:32:18 BST 2007

SIYANDA KAVE wrote:
> Today I finally decided to upgrade to gutsy and everything went well,
> everything except the restricted nvidia driver for my graphics card.
>
> On feisty everything was working well but now on gutsy, it doesnt enable
> the use of that driver... I tried tweaking around and all I get is an
> error message that the driver was not enabled, I need help....

I had no problems. At least, not with my graphics card. The installation
script informed me that there were restricted drivers for my Nvidia
card, and I could enable them. Check under:

System-->Administration-->Restricted Drivers Manager

It should be there.

Alternatively, I've seen drivers in the repositories, both for old and
new Nvidia cards. They might work, but don't take my word for it.

--
Ivo Vegter    | http://ivo.co.za/ <-- Fun
+27-842102003 | ivo at hivemind.net <-- Work

   "Policies are judged by their consequences,
   but crusades are judged by how good they
   make the crusaders feel." - Thomas Sowell