[ubuntu-za] Google Virus Warning :(

rdavin at cybersmart.co.za rdavin at cybersmart.co.za
Fri Nov 30 11:32:24 GMT 2007

Just an update..

Remembering having serious DNS issues in the past..  Not really
understanding this stuff and grasping at straws, I started to think
maybe this was an ISP problem.

Possibly request to Google were being malformed or something..?
The next thing I did was change my DNS to 196.25.1.1 and 196.25.1.11

Some how, magically things are back to normal and I'm now longer getting
this strange response when doing Google searches.

Just out of curiosity... how in the world could the DNS settings munge
my Google request??
Was is just a strange coincidence that when I changed DNS servers that
things just started working properly?

Rich