[ubuntu-za] Help with error

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Tue Nov 20 08:59:26 GMT 2007

Hi

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 10:53:48AM +0200, Jonathan Sparks wrote:
> I have only been using linux / Ubuntu for a few weeks and have the
> following error when updating synaptic.
> W: GPG error: http://packages.medibuntu.org gutsy Release: The following
> signatures were invalid: BADSIG 2EBC26B60C5A2783 Medibuntu Packaging
> Team <admin at lists.medibuntu.org>

You are using third party packages from medibuntu.  Most of your system
is not broken, only those few upgrades like skype, adobe reader, google
earth, and other multimedia codecs. They are probably installed but
you are not getting new versions when they become available.

Get a key with which they sign their packages and trust it,
in a terminal type (all on one line):

wget -q http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update

Read more on the medibuntu site. Note much of it is non-free software.

Jan
--
   .~.
   /V\     Jan Groenewald