[ubuntu-za] setting up a "farm"

Ivan Schoultz ivan at modusbrandco.co.za
Fri Nov 9 14:36:32 GMT 2007

I have this little spark of an idea to get a second life out of the
smaller old-machines that congregate under my desk and cower for
protection from being violated and used for spare parts.

Link then together with load-balancing so that collectively they become
"one" new bigger machine. It's that whole "server farm" idea all over
again, but I want this implemented for "internal desktop use."

I've been doing a bit or reading:
http://lcic.org/load_balancing.html
http://www.ultramonkey.org/;
http://www.linux-vs.org/

In adept, there are these apps:
  eql - load balancing tool for serial network connections
  tao-load - TAO load balancing service

Calling anyone else with knowledge / experience / interest / !!! ???

Ivan Schoultz | New Media
Modus Brand Company | t: 011 463-7500 | f: 011 463-7001