[ubuntu-za] Lazarus

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Wed May 2 12:25:19 BST 2007

Bill Cairns wrote:
> Is an official Ubuntu version of Lazarus available on Feisty? I am still
> running Dapper and there does not seem to be an official version. At the
> moment I really don't want to go through the hastles of installing from
> the .deb files as there seem to be a lot of dependencies to sort out.
> (Unless of course someone knows of a foolproof cookbook designed for
> ignorant ous like me).

As far as I can tell, not yet.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/108801 indicates that it will be
available soon on Gutsy, and hopefully there will be a backport to
Feisty at that point since Gutsy is very similar to Feisty right now.

Somebody with the necessary skills could grab the Debian sources and
build it for Feisty.

Hope that helps,
Morgan

--