[ubuntu-za] USB devices (camera) in Edgy

Robert Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Tue Mar 27 19:22:25 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 17:59 +0200, Phillip Pare wrote:

> At least with MS windows one does not have to endure such pain to merely
> look at the pictures on your camera. If you are an ordinary non
> technical computer user, it is very unlikely that you would have
> discovered this solution. It is for this kind of reason that Windows is
> so powerful despite its insecurity and Microsoft's dubious marketing
> approaches.
>
> Regards
>
> Phillip Pare

Believe it or not, I am - or was until I discovered linux
about two years ago at the age of 73 - an ordinary non
technical computer user. I find this stuff fascinating, and
attempting to solve a problem like this with some measure of
success is extremely satisfying and motivating to further
endeavours. I read everything about linux that I can get my
hands on and I'm not afraid to try something even if it goes
wrong and I have to re-install TWDT.

What a great way to spend your retirement!

If I can do it with my non technical background, most other
people could, given enough interest and a suitably enquiring mind.

Regards

Robert H