[ubuntu-za] USB devices (camera) in Edgy

Robert Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Mon Mar 26 19:00:25 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 10:18 +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
> >From the ubuntuforums thread, it looks like people might be encountering
> the error after upgrading from Dapper to Edgy. Did you (Robert) do this,
> or do a fresh install?

There was no problem when I was using Dapper. It only reared
it's head when I installed Edgy. I did a fresh install, but
without overwriting /home, which I have in a separate partition.

To reply to Jonathan Hitchcock, I have libgphoto2-2, which
appears to be the latest for Edgy.

What I have done is to write a bash script that I can run
each time, using Alt-F2, and which changes the permissions on
/dev/bus/usb/003/* and allows me to import the photos. I
guess I'll stick with this until I install Feisty.

Thanks to all.

Robert H