[ubuntu-za] Reason for installing Ubuntu 5.10

Rich D. rich_li_ny at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 11:19:50 GMT 2007

The reason for Ubuntu 5.10 is because the machines (there's two of them now)  I'm rebuilding for the kiddies are old and slow.  P-II's with less then 200mb of Ram and 6 gb hard drives.

  These systems meet the requirements of  5.10  To go with the latest version just wouldn't be possible.   There's always the option to install a MS product on these machines but I would like to keep them open source.

  Besides wanting to keep the machines open source I feel it would be a step backwards to install 98 or 2000 Pro on them unless of course that would be the better solution.

  Anyway feedback or input from the group is appreciated,

  Rich