[ubuntu-za] Edgy CDs for the community

Justin Hartman jjhartman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:36:27 GMT 2007

I have to admit Ubuntu's shipit is up to ....... I requested a pack
from shipit 3 months ago and am still awaiting for them to arrive. We
are all aware that downloading with our current bandwidth constraints
is near impossible and I'm very disappointed on the whole with the
fact that I got nothing.

As a community we somehow need to fix this - it simply is not good
enough and will do nothing for trying to build Ubuntu as a brand if we
can't even send out CDs to people who really want them.

I'll handle JHB assuming the cost to send them to me is not too high.
I'm happy to be a central distribution point for people wanting CDs in
JHB so send me details and hopefully I can do a better job than
shipit.

On 3/8/07, Morgan Collett <morgan at penguinlabs.net> wrote:
> Jan Kroeze wrote:
> > I'll take a few (Centurion, Pretoria). I study Computer Science, so I
> > know one or two people who are interested. About 5 or so should do. If
> > I need more I can just burn a few.
> >
> > One question: are there Kubuntu CDs as well? Almost everyone I know
> > prefers KDE over GNOME...
> There are a mix, but AFAIK more U than Ku. 5 Kubuntu should be no
> problem. Let's see if anyone steps in to handle Gauteng - otherwise
> Craig or I can post them to you.
>
> Morgan

Justin Hartman
PGP Key ID: 102CC123