[ubuntu-za] Adding my SwitchStory

Bill Cairns pops at cairnsgames.co.za
Tue Jun 19 18:06:21 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 17:13 +0200, Weiers Coetser wrote:
> The interesting thing that I discovered (yes, I'm a newbie as well) is
> that you can literally type in the name of the page that you want to
> create and it will create it for you

Perhaps it is off topic but can I say that we are beginning to use Wikis
more and more at work as a collaborative tool. They work very well once
the community has overcome the natural fear of something new.

In a way, I think, Wikis sort of typify the Open Source movement. Put up
your ideas on a Wiki and let anyone modify / add / criticise what you
have done. You still maintain control in that you can just delete
anyone's contribution if it breaks the rules. But otherwise it is add
wisdom to wisdom.

I suppose that the big problem will always be the destructive hacker who
can kill the whole benefit by determined sabotage.