[ubuntu-za] Site NAme (was ubuntu-za Digest, Vol 20, Issue 31)

Will van der Leij will at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 1 12:50:23 BST 2007

William Kinghorn wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> Yes, as I can get lots of places that do MS OS and related stuff, but finding OSS/linux is a little more dificult.
>
> So far I have come up with "OSSplacesZA" for OSS places for South Africa"
>
> Other countries can use the name, only changing the last 2 characters.

Hi,
including ZA in the URL may not be the best approach if you plan to
extend to other countries in future. Perhaps just using co.za (or
org.za) would be better. OSSplaces is also not very descriptive, just
thinking aloud, what about something more along the lines of OSSmarket
or marketplace or something?

Regards,
Will