[ubuntu-za] Vodacom E220 USB modem and Ubuntu Feisty 2.6.20-15-generic

Jason Norwood-Young jason at freespeechpub.co.za
Fri Jul 20 09:33:50 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 09:59 +0200, CM Schoonbee wrote:
> Hi, it's me again!
>
> I tried out out your suggested approach and it seems that the modem is
> recognized.  At least there are three ttyUSB* ports afterwards. That's
> what I want - isn't it?  An ubuntu forum posting suggested unplugging
> and replugging the modem after this unloading/reloading of the modules.
> However if I do this, there is only one port shown again.  So I assume
> that I should not unplug the modem afterwards - is this correct?

This worked for me: rmmod usbserial && modprobe usbserial vendor=0x12d1
product=0x1001
The e220 is sucky - get your hands on the e620 if you can. Else you
should try the Vodafone connection package
(https://forge.vodafonebetavine.net/projects/vodafonemobilec/).

> This weekend (when I can afford to risk my internet connection) I will
> try to get the wvdial part working.

I'll send you my wvdial config separately to get you on your way.