[ubuntu-za] Vodacom E220 USB modem and Ubuntu Feisty 2.6.20-15-generic

CM Schoonbee cmschoonbee at mweb.co.za
Thu Jul 19 10:08:50 BST 2007

Hi there,

I want to try and get my Huawei E220 USB 3G modem working under Ubuntu.

However, from my preliminary search on the internet for how-tos, it
seems that this device does not work with kernel version 2.6.20 which is
what a current Feisty uses.  This search included the leads from the
Tectonic article posted by Morgan on the ZA wiki.:
http://www.ubuntu-za.org/Wiki/HowTo/3G_Bluetooth_Modem?highlight=%28howto%29

So before I tear my hair out trying to achieve what may not be possible
at this stage, if you have this device, could you please let me know
whether you have or have not been able to get it to work under a current
Feisty. (Please mention the output of `uname -r`.)

Using the info I get, I will update the howto on the wiki for future users.

Thank you,
Chris