[ubuntu-za] Problems with my Dell machine

Kyle Williams kylewilliams at openwarriors.org
Mon Dec 17 18:54:18 GMT 2007

Hi Bill

On Monday 17 December 2007 14:43:32 Bill Cairns wrote:
> I thought it might be a bad disk and tried it as a live CD on my HP
> notebook (from work, doomed to run Windows, shame). It worked fine.
> (Although, when I told it to do an integrity check on the disk, it too
> hung).

This is extremely suspicious. If the integrity check hung, then as unlikely as
it sounds, there just might be something wrong with the CD. I'd suggest doing
the integrity check on your Dell and seeing if that works. If it fails, then
you know your problem. If it doesn't, then we can move forward from there.

Regards
Kyle

--
Kyle Williams
contact (at) kylewilliams (dot) co (dot) za
Jabber: kylewilliams at jabber.obsidian.co.za
Blog: http://www.kylewilliams.co.za
In a world without walls who needs Windows?