[ubuntu-za] Microsoft Schools agreement for South African Schools

Vijay Makanjee vijay at ergo.co.za
Thu Aug 23 14:07:29 BST 2007

In all these agreements, the end user gets screwed. Of more interest is
why the school wants to go that route, when most of the things that kids
need can be provided for by ubuntu or any other open source system. In
fact there is meant to be a SA Govt cabinet resolution support FOSS.

It is clear that MS want's to suck in the kids so that as potential
buyers in the future they would naturally go for the stuff they are
familiar with

Vijay Makanjee
Ergo Planning | P O Box 19801 |  Tecoma 5214 | South Africa
+27 82 6014353