[ubuntu-za] Error during online upgrade to Feisty

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Sun Apr 29 10:10:29 BST 2007

Hi

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 11:01:10AM +0200, Frank Sokolic wrote:
>    I'm currently running Edgy and am trying to upgrade to Feisty using the
>    Update Manager over my ADSL connection. Every time I try to do this I get
>    the following error message, after which the update aborts:
>    Error during update
>    A problem occured during the update. This is usually some sort of network
>    problem, please check your network connection and retry.
>    Failed to fetch
>    [1]http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-security/main/source/Sources.bz2
>    MD5Sum mismatch
>    Failed to fetch
>    [2]http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/feisty-security/universe/source/Sources.bz2
>    MD5Sum mismatch
>    Anybody had the same problem?

Yes, it might mean a mirror is busy upgrading, or a proxy somewhere has
a corrupted file. Try again later...

If you don't need source, comment the lines in /etc/apt/sources.list
starting with deb-src (from the message I can see those are source sections)
by putting a "#" in the front. update and upgrade again.

cheers,
Jan

--
   .~.