[ubuntu-za] Logging in on the wiki

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 24 09:40:56 BST 2007

Jonathan wrote:
> Can I please just ask that we enable un-logged-in modification of the
> wiki so that I don't need to remember/forget another
> username/password.... either that or implement OpenID.
>
> If the wiki gets spammed or we have have problem with pnoobs writing
> junk then we could look at modifying the ACL then.

This is already enabled. If you aren't logged in, you can still edit,
and the page history shows your IP address instead of your username.

If you're editing something... arbitrary, like adding yourself to come
to an event, it's less of an issue, but if you are contributing real
content please create a username and log in so we can see who is
responsible.

If someone wants to look into OpenID for Moin, see here:
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/FeatureRequests/OpenIDSupport

If we deploy Drupal too, there is also OpenID support for that:
http://www.openidenabled.com/software/drupal -- which would possibly
help to avoid needing yet another distinct login for that.

Cheers
Morgan
--
Morgan Collett