[ubuntu-za] localhost - unable to access

Robert Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Wed Apr 11 22:48:58 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 21:58 +0200, Robert Holm wrote:
> Following on my last email, repeated below, I copied the Interfaces file
> from Edgy and pasted it into Feisty, rebooted, and localhost is now
> working. I haven't yet found out why the original file was unreadable,
> but will put it under the magnifying glass and advise.

I have compared the two files and as far as I can see they are identical
in all respects, but the original Feisty file remains unreadable by
init.d, while the file imported from Edgy works perfectly. Very
frustrating, but at least localhost is working. Thank you Robert for
pointing me in the direction of /etc/network/interfaces.

Robert H