[ubuntu-za] localhost - unable to access

Robert Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Wed Apr 11 19:56:58 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 11:56 +0100, Robert Schumann wrote:
> To solve your problem, do the following:
> 1. Edit /etc/network/interfaces so that just above the line that reads
> "iface lo inet loopback" it also says "auto lo", like the other lines in
> the file. You will of course need to edit this using sudo, since it's a
> system configuration file.
> 2. Once you've done that, type "sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart".
I decided to run the command anyway, and got the following:
rob at ubuntu:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
Password:
 * Reconfiguring network
interfaces...                                          /etc/network/interfaces:23: duplicate interface
ifdown: couldn't read interfaces file "/etc/network/interfaces"
/etc/network/interfaces:23: duplicate interface
ifup: couldn't read interfaces file "/etc/network/interfaces"

[fail]

I don't know how significant this is

Robert H