[ubuntu-za] WikiTeam meeting report back

Morgan Collett morgan at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 11 15:34:28 BST 2007

The WikiTeam met last night via IRC, in #ubuntu-za.

Here's the executive summary of the meeting:

We discussed the purpose of the WikiTeam, processes to follow and tools
at our disposal including Moin and potentially Drupal. (No changes to
infrastructure have been proposed yet, although they are being
investigated.)

We discussed ways of encouraging participation in the wiki and in the
Ubuntu-ZA community, including the following points:

 * A newsletter in the style of
[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter Ubuntu Weekly News] was
suggested, for positive news items, perhaps a weekly feature of somebody
who is using ubuntu, links to south africans who blog about ubuntu etc.
Somebody will have to take this on, and people can mail news or hints or
other content to this person who will write it up and mail out -
eventually on a regular basis.

 * Using Drupal for a multi-user blog for encouraging participation in
this way was suggested. JustinHartman is looking at this.

More detailed minutes and the raw IRC log are available at
http://www.ubuntu-za.org/Wiki/WikiTeam/MeetingMinutes

Regards,
Morgan
--