[ubuntu-za] localhost - unable to access

Robert Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Wed Apr 11 11:38:26 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 22:43 +0100, Robert Schumann wrote:
> Robert Holm wrote:
> > Since installing Feisty beta I am unable to access localhost.

> This sounds a little like your networking (or part of it) is just not on
> for some reason. Try "ifconfig lo" and "ifconfig", to see what
> interfaces are available - and post the results here
Since you made me aware of ifconfig I had a look at the man page which
states:
"Ifconfig  is  used to configure the kernel-resident network interfaces"

Does this perhaps mean that on this kernel,
linux-image-2.6.20-13-generic version 2.6.20-13.21, which is the latest
available version, the localhost is not kernel-resident?

Robert H