[ubuntu-za] Dialup in Edgy and Feisty

Robert Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Sun Apr 1 14:28:50 BST 2007

When I installed Edgy I entered all the relevant details for the service
provider and modem connection in the  network settings, as I had done in
Dapper and previous distributions, but I could find no way to dial out.

In order to do that I had to re-install Dapper, download and make a copy
of the Gnome Gppp dial-up tool, and then use it when I had re-installed
Edgy.

I have just installed Feisty beta and find myself in the same position,
except fortunately I now have the dialler available.

What about those people who are new to Ubuntu and require a dialler in
order to download a dialler (talk about pulling yourself up by your own
bootstraps), or is there some other method of dialling up that I am
missing?

Robert H