[ubuntu-za] installing files

Koen trudiekoen at telkomsa.net
Sun Sep 17 14:02:57 BST 2006

My name is Gerhard using my wife's home email. You mean I can surf the net
without any antivirus?
I am not interested in surfing with windows cause this linux(ubuntu) is
interesting although I am new to it and needs to learn a lot.

How do I anyhow install a file that lies on my desktop. I unpacked and copy
to /root it says no privileges