[ubuntu-za] build-essential unsuccessful download

Robert Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Fri Sep 1 22:58:49 BST 2006

Hi All

I managed to solve my problem by going to:
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux-kernel-headers/
and downloading "linux-kernel-headers_2.6.11.2-0ubuntu18_i386.deb"
directly from that site. After installing this I was able to download
the rest of the packages using synaptic as normal.

I notice there has been no activity on the ubuntu lists now for a
considerable time. Is this local community still operating?

Regards

Robert