[ubuntu-za] Intro Meeting

Bill Cairns Bill.Cairns at eskom.co.za
Wed Nov 29 11:32:52 GMT 2006

NB: This email and its contents are subject to the Eskom Holdings Limited EMAIL LEGAL NOTICE
which can be viewed at http://www.eskom.co.za/email_legalnotice
Great idea - but perhaps you can help some of us newbies who haven't
played IRC. What software do I need to install and what do I need to get
going?

(I am running Dapper on an ancient Dell - do have an ADSL link working
fine).
--

Bill Cairns
EIS Architecture

Standards Web site:
http://intranetupdate/eskomis/Architecture/Standards/stdindex.htm
(h) 27-12-656-0167

bill.cairns at eskom.co.za

>>> On 29 November 2006 at 01:08 PM, in message
<b86423130611290308t7b94df2dyd1aa654d236c339d at mail.gmail.com>, "Hugh
Jacobs"
<hughjacobs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey there guys.
>
> I think we need to have an intro meeting. Although I haven't been
> around for very long, one thing I've noticed is that there are very
> few people on the team, even less taking part, and I'm assuming that
> nobody knows who anyone is (except for maybe the odd one or two
> people).
>
> So, there will be a meeting on IRC on Monday, 15th January 2007 from
> 8pm till 10pm. I made it for the evening to accomodate those who
have
> to work and can't IRC from work. Please invite and encourage as many
> people as you can to be there. Newcomers are a must!
>
> Other than getting to know eachother and form some sort of cohesive
> bond, let's also get some suggestions on what can be discussed.
Please