[ubuntu-za] Please help me to install ubuntu.

Tectonic Info info at tectonic.co.za
Fri Nov 17 17:45:46 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 19:15 +0200, Wikus Moller wrote:

> If I try to restart my pc, it doesnt do anything.
> What should I do to install it? Is there a hidden install button?

You probably need to change your BIOS settings to boot from the CD. When
your machine is starting up hit 'del' or 'F1' or whatever key to enter
the BIOS settings. Then set your machine to boot from CD first and hard
disk second.

When you restart you should be presented with an Ubuntu screen giving
you the option to 'install or run' Ubuntu.

** be aware that the usual default is to erase your entire disk and
install Ubuntu - so backup first.

In versions of Ubuntu earlier than Dapper you need to use the "Install"
disk to install otherwise the "live" disk will do.

Tectonic
www.tectonic.co.za
Africa's source for open source news