[ubuntu-za] Please help me to install ubuntu.

Bester, Marthinus, Mnr <13594257@sun.ac.za> 13594257 at sun.ac.za
Fri Nov 17 17:32:13 GMT 2006

-----Original Message-----
HELLO,
I am new to linux and I have a pentium 2 upgraded pc running windows xp...
I want to install ubuntu and I have both the pc version and the 64-bit pc version.
If I put the cd in my pc while its on, it just gives me a menu with software that I can install but NO INSTALL BUTTON with both the pc and 64-bit pc versions.
If I try to restart my pc, it doesnt do anything.
What should I do to install it? Is there a hidden install button?
MAIL ME

--
Dear Wikus

Could you please infrom us which version of Ubuntu you are trying to install?

Usually, after the initial boot-up screen of the distro, you should actually only have to press ENTER :)

The 64-bit version will ABSOLUTELY NOT WORK - as a Pentium2 doesn't have the 64-bit Extentions necessary to run it - don't worry however - you won't know the difference :)

(any knowledgable ppl please ignore the above statement - I guess that explaining pre-compiled packages and source files is way beyond the scope of the answer here?)

Regards,

Marthinus Bester