[ubuntu-za] Is anyone able to assist me to get my ISDN internal PCI modem working ?

Garth Scholfield gscholfield at coreoffice.co.za
Wed Nov 1 07:35:55 GMT 2006

Derek Lane wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed 6.06 and I am unable to get my internal ISDN modem working.
> The device manager recognises it , but it is not available from the
> networking screen.
> All that is available is a normal dial up connection that does not work.
> I have read all the documents that I could find via google and the
> UBUNTU site.
> I was not able to find a document with enough detail to assist me.
>
> I opened a new thread on the UBUNTU forum , but have not had any reply.
>
> I desperatly want to be able to swap over from windows to Linux.
> I am hoping that this is not going to be my waterloo with Linux.
>
> Thank you
>
> Derek

Hi Derek

I had a similiar problem, unfortunately the only way i could resolve ot
was to buy a new one. The internal modems are called win modems,
basically the software is specifically designed for windows machines. I
wish I could help you more but that was gist of it. google win modems
and read up on it, that might clarify a bit more