[ubuntu-za] X server

Robert Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Thu May 25 22:13:32 BST 2006

Thanks for the advice. After much grief, including corrupting my X
Server files in some manner, I managed to load the NVIDIA update, which
turned out to be less satisfactory than the generic driver supplied with
Breezy Badger.

I guess there are two lessons to be learned from this:

Firstly
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

and secondly...
and far more importantly.....
The grass is almost certainly not greener on the proprietary side of the
fence!

Regards
Robbie