[ubuntu-za] [Fwd: Change in Licensing Policy for the Ubuntu Wiki]

Hardie Botha hardie at aerosat.co.za
Wed May 24 14:57:53 BST 2006

On Wednesday 24 May 2006 12:48, Adi Attar wrote:

> And as soon as the material leaves the wiki?

What you are then saying is that you want acknowledgement a few years down the
line when your contributions have become obsolete and outdated, and is quite
possibly no longer used?  And if a specific contribution is 92% valid, with a
flaw in it, then no one should be allowed to correct it?

This doesn't make sense to me.  If this is the way the Wiki intends to violate
my human rights, then violate away!  I've been done short in much worse ways.
In any case, the contribution is voluntary, unlike my tax which is
periodically used for an overseas holiday by our cabinet ministers.

I agree that this should have been announced before contributions were
accepted, but i find this acceptable for myself, as it is for the Greater
Good :)