[ubuntu-za] xserver error

Deon Erasmus bisybackson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 10:29:25 BST 2006

Hi Art

On 6/6/06, Arthur Millar <artis at telkomsa.net> wrote:
> Im hving trouble with xserver
>  im running a amd64 with an ATI X800
>  also I have no internet connection with linux because of a USB modem
>  how do I change the drivers to visa or any other way without the net

In a terminal, run
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
to lauch the X configuration script.

Assuming you have the fglrx driver at the moment, select the ati or
vesa driver when prompted. For everything else, keep the defaults. A
new /etc/X11/xorg.conf will be written, and the old one will be backed
up as /etc/X11/xorg<somedateandtimehash>.

Also, some punctuation may enable people to recognise your questions
as such. Try the "?" after sentences which you intend as a question.

Regards
Deon

--
"The hive mind is for the most part stupid and boring. Why pay
attention to it?" -- Jaron Lanier