[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu DVD

William Kinghorn williamk at dit.ac.za
Mon Sep 12 07:51:12 CDT 2005

is it possible for you to make a contact in some of the major cities/towns to distribute your final product, so that we can get it from them. It would be a better way than everyone trying to download them.

We can club together with that contact person for the payment of shipping it to them, as well as the cost of burning the DVDs. Will also need to factor a cost of buying a new DVD burner every now and again, depending on how many copies will be maid, or contact person can give to people, who then give to others.

The contact person, will be part of the DVD burner group.

Just a suggestion to build on.

William

>>> 13877720 at sun.ac.za 09/12/05 1:29 PM >>>
Can we get a DVD burner group up and running?  Having an Ubuntu CD is nice,
but I kept needing packages which weren't on the CD.  I would like to be able
to offer a (dual layer) dvd with all the packages in multiverse (anyone know
the size?).
I would also like to add documentation to it, like the guide for speeding up
Firefox from FineBushPeople.  Can we get a wiki up for a list of suggested
documentation to add, as well as getting permission for distributing it?

Cheers,
Jacobus Brink