[ubuntu-za] Numlock/Shermans_aquarium

Robbie Holm robhh at absamail.co.za
Sun Oct 16 16:47:56 CDT 2005

Well, Shermans _aquarium I picked up from your original response, and in
fact it does have a numlock component.

There seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding. The "configure" I
referred installs aquarium completely "automagicallY", as the author
says. I don't know anything about this stuff and couldn't in my wildest
dreams think about building a package from source. I'm stumbling around
in the dark here.

However, because of the "cgg" line in the screenshot I used Synaptic to
install the cgg compiler. The configure command then ran perfectly until
it came up against the fact that I do not have gtk+ version 1.2.x
installed, and this is not listed in Synaptic.

I will follow your suggestions about the repositories for my release,
(which is "hoary") and I will spend a while fiddling around on my own
now, which is probably the best way to learn, if the most painful.

Thanks to all for the help.

Robbie