Jayanta Chatterjee drjaycee at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 10:02:57 CST 2005

Hello,
I am a newbie running XP-Pro and want to give Linux a try. I have got a
set of Ubuntu 5.10 CDs ( Live and Install) and as per advice from
experts am trying out the live version.Till now everything is fine and
all hardware has been detected and am quite liking the feel of it.
I would like to connect to the internet from the live CD.Is this
possible? I have a broad-band connection (ADSL:modem connected through
ethernet card)
I got the following from my ISP's site: IP Address; Subnet mask; Default
Gateway; Preferred DNS; Additional DNS;and using these tried to
configure *eth0* in Network settings but Don't know how to proceed further.
Any help would be most welcome.
Jaycee