[ubuntu-za] deleted packages help.

Bradley brad at discoverymail.co.za
Tue Aug 30 09:18:05 CDT 2005

Hi, I finally finished upgrading my standard ubuntu into what i think is
a fully working system with all my
apps I need, when i decided to back up my .debs onto cd. When i realised
that all my packages are gone,
I posted a message on the forum and it seems that I configured Synaptic
to delete the packages.
To make it really bad, i only have a 56k line and cant go and download
all those packages again.

So my request is this, can anyone burn a cd/'s with .debs to make ubuntu
hoary a working multimedia machine, ie. multimedia,
dvd enabled , fonts, etc, and whatever else they think necessary,
eg.gftp, gnomebaker, inkskape, foobillards :)

Maybe this could actually be a little project for us here in this
country, as you know how well our telecommunications co treat us !
So that us less fortunate dial-up types don't have to opt for another
distro just because of state of the internet access here.
The project can just be a local available /distribute cd that we share
amongst ourselves of a list of .debs.

I am not sure what the legalities of this is, if any, but a suggestion
nevertheless.

oh, if i create artwork for this list , where do I upload to?

Thanks
Brad