[ubuntu-za] Internet connection

Jan Groenewald jan at aims.ac.za
Sun Aug 21 10:04:52 CDT 2005

Hi

On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 04:58:21PM +0200, Robbie Holm wrote:
> Thanks for this. After much searching I managed to do as you said, but
> the output flashes up on the screen and disappears so fast that it is
> impossible to read. I posted another message about using an external
> modem. Is this the easy way to go?
Open a terminal with Applications - System Tools - Root terminal.

At the prompt (something like root at mybox:~#) type "lspci" and press
<enter>.

This should not flash and go away. You are trying something like "run
command" from the menus or something. That will just flash and finish
when the command is done.

regards,
Jan

--