[ubuntu-za] Go Open Source sponsored SFD events

Adi Attar adi at cs.wits.ac.za
Tue Aug 16 08:42:49 CDT 2005

Hi all,

Just to let you know, Go Open Source has confirmed 3 venues for SFD that
it will sponsor. These are:
- The Zone, Rosebank
- Canal Walk, Cape Town
- Gateway, Umhlanga

I have added these venues to the SFD wiki. More information about these
events will be made available on the Go Open Source website shortly.

As I mentioned previously, the purpose behind the Go OS sponsorship is
to support the OSS community to do what it does best. Last year, we let
other people take over the organisation of the event and we landed up
with a rather stuffy event (in my opinion) which was poorly advertised
and lacked the community spark. So this year, we're trying to do things
differently, and make the day a whole lot more fun.

If you have any ideas or feedback for the Go OS guys, please let me (or
Craig, CCed) know. We can't promise to accommodate everyone's needs, but
we would like to hear them.

Thanks,
Adi

PS: While we would like to encourage people to help out at the planned
Go OS venues, Go OS is also open to supporting other events that people
have already planned. We don't want to spread ourselves too thin though,
so please make sure you're clear on your messages and target audiences
if you're planning a different event.