[ubuntu-x] Ubuntu laptop doesn't work with a specific HDMI project model

Reece Hart reece at harts.net
Fri Mar 8 17:25:28 UTC 2013

Greetings-

I've got an Ubuntu 12.10 laptop that won't talk to a specific model of
projector even though projector is recognized as connected and correctly
identified (I think). This laptop correctly displays on at least 5 other
models of external monitors and projectors without issue. Several Macs are
known to work fine with these projectors. And a different model laptop also
running Ubuntu works fine with the projector. Thus, the problem is likely
to be the specific combination of laptop model, projector model, and
ubuntu. (I don't have Windows on this laptop, so it's possible that it has
nothing to do with OS and is merely a problem with this combination of
laptop model and projector model, but that seems less likely.)

I posted the bug and initial debugging to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1112859 over a month
ago and did not get replies. I would appreciate some advice about how to
proceed from there.

Thanks,
Reece