[ubuntu-x] bug 973096 a critical one, What about 12.04 users?

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Tue Sep 4 22:07:13 UTC 2012

Hi Omer, thanks for raising this.

I do not plan to investigate this particular issue myself.  However I am
looking into how we can get -nvidia updates out via SRU more quickly, so
as to address issues like this in general.

One factor that prevents us from updating nvidia-current in 12.04 is
that it is closed source so we cannot inspect/validate the changes.  The
nvidia-current-updates package was introduced to address this limitation
and allow us to get fixes out to users.

Version 304.43 is now available in nvidia-current-updates, which as I
understand it should include the fix for this bug.  I believe this is
the best we can practically do for achieving a fix for this.  Do you
consider this an acceptable solution?

Bryce