[ubuntu-x] Fighting renames, day 1

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Fri May 25 07:52:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 05:09:18PM +0200, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> There were a few other things, mostly related to debian/rules and debian/control. I'm trying to use sed for now to automate changes that need to be done. This might break on package updates, but it's easier since we're limited to a few specific files only, so it can be verified.

For debian/control please use the dpkg-control script included in
xorg-pkg-tools, and if it's not working properly patch it up, or let me
know what the issues are and I'll fix it up.  (I'm off Friday and Monday
but can take a look next week.)  I'd like to ensure this works as a
general purpose tool that we're maintaining and can share with other
teams (i.e. Audio).

For the rules file, use whatever works.  I've a feeling we might end up
having to do a lot of manual tweaking here.

Bryce