[ubuntu-x] Plans for Precise X upload
chase.douglas at canonical.com
Fri Jan 13 16:03:24 UTC 2012
We're now all ready to push the new X server to Precise. This will cause
breakages for many items, so we need to plan this carefully. Chris
Halse-Rogers and I have devised the following plan:
* Push all new packages (Xorg and packages that need changes) to
- utouch-geis 2.2.3 rebuild for XI API changes
- qt4-x11 either current package with refreshed XI patch for API
changes, or 4.8 branch if it's ready. I have patches ready for both.
- utouch-frame 2.1 for XI API changes
- utouch-grail rebuild for XI API changes
* Use the following Breaks: for xorg-server:
- unity < 5.0.0 (due to crasher if utouch stack is unavailable)
- utouch-geis < 2.2.3 (due to infinite loop if utouch XCB backend is
- utouch-frame < 2.1.0 (due to XI API change)
- qt4-x11 < [qt4-x11 ubuntu version to be uploaded] (due to XI API
* Pocket copy source and binary packages from the PPA into Precise
- This PPA has been blessed and builds amd64, i386, armel, and
powerpc. Due to security issues with armel PPAs, Canonical will only
allow us to bless a PPA that is restricted to Canonical employees.
Hopefully, the security issues will be resolved soon, but not in the
next week :).
How does this sound? If it works for everyone, the only remaining
question is which qt4-x11 version to upload.
More information about the Ubuntu-x