[ubuntu-x] New X stack in xorg-edgers

Brian Hobby brian at brianhobby.net
Sat Jan 22 21:31:08 UTC 2011

Installed natty daily build and updated to latest, added xorg-edgers and
now have 3D acceleration on the i5 2500 with built in graphics on an
ASUS P8H67 m pro motherboard.

Occurred after the latest update of the x-org files.

Torcs occasional artefacts, playable
Trigger seems fine as does Extreme Tux racer,
Super Tux Kart starts up fine and then does some very stange things with
painting the textures in; became unplayable.

Games are focus as this machine is mainly used by the 7yr old racing
game fanatic in the house.

Suffering some x lockups occasionally but it is a step forward; good to
see the new look on the latest CPU/chipset.

Prior to the x-org update I got the look of the 3D desktop but no
windows would paint in the desktop area - including drop down menus from
the system area top right.

Regards Brian