[ubuntu-x] Removing unmaintained drivers from the archive

Christopher James Halse Rogers raof at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 6 23:45:41 UTC 2011

Now that Squeeze has been released, Debian-X are removing a bunch of
unmaintained drivers from the archive.  The list is:

xserver-xorg-video-v4l
xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd
xserver-xorg-video-nv
xserver-xorg-input-hyperpen
xserver-xorg-input-fpit
xserver-xorg-input-evtouch
xserver-xorg-input-citron

We've already had -citron removed since Intrepid.  The only one which
might possibly make sense to keep is -nv, although it requires some
effort to actually use.  I'd weakly vote to remove it.

If there are no objections, I'll file archive removal requests for these
in a couple of days, since I don't think the auto-remove runs past DIF.
Do we need to do more than mention this in the release notes?